Autumn 1, 2018 – Drawing and Printing
This half term we will be:
- Printing using a single tile in yellow, then red, then blue.
- Enlarge and develop own work using layering methods
- Investigate and collect visual information from Hundertwasser
- Select and enlarge drawings and use a variety of mark makers
- Work in the negative by using rubbers to remove graphite work and the ‘rubber’ tool on the computer
- Use positive and negative drawing techniques in response to the work of Frank Auerbach
Spring 1, 2019 – 3D
This half term we will respond to the figurative sculptures of Alberto Giacometti and produce sculptural stick forms in response to his work. We will use modroc (plaster bandage) as a sculptural material and review the figures and say what they think and feel about them. The children will record the process from concept to completed sculptures in sketchbook.
Summer 1, 2019 – Painting
In our painting topic this half term the children will produce multi-surface images in response to Chris Ofili. They will apply their experiences of materials and processes and develop their control of tools and techniques. The children will compare ideas, methods and approaches in Fauvist paintings and use a sketchbook to develop ideas in response to Fauvist imagery. Throughout the children will review and modify their work and mix, match and extend colours and patterns.