Spring 1 – 3D
This half term we will:
- Respond to the figurative sculptures of Alberto Giacometti
- Produce sculptural stick forms in response to the work of Alberto Giacometti
- Use modroc (plaster bandage) as a sculptural material
- Review the figures and say what they think and feel about them
- Record the process from concept to completed sculptures in sketchbook
- Create clay slab forms
Autumn 1 2017 – Drawing and Printing
This half term we will be:
- Printing using a single tile in yellow, then red, then blue.
- Enlarge and develop own work using layering methods
- Investigate and collect visual information from Hundertwasser
- Select and enlarge drawings and use a variety of mark makers
- Work in the negative by using rubbers to remove graphite work and the ‘rubber’ tool on the computer
- Use positive and negative drawing techniques in response to the work of Frank Auerbach
11.09.17 This week we have chosen our own theme from sea, sports, animals, countries or space and designed a 10cm x 10cm image on paper which we produced on a polystyrene tile and printed using yellow paint.
18.09.17 This week we will be adding to our image and reprinting using red paint and observing the different images in the different colours. We also investigate rotating and/or reflecting our layered image in our sketchbooks.
25.09.17 Finally we will be adding another layer to our prints in blue. We will also recreate our final print using Purple Mash drawing tool.