Autumn 1 2017
Number, Place Value, Addition and Subtraction
This half term we will:
- Read, write, order and compare numbers to at least 1,000,000 and determine the value of each digit.
- Count forwards/backwards in steps of powers of 10 for numbers up to 1, 000, 000
- Interpret negative numbers in context, count forwards/backwards with positive/ negative whole numbers, including through zero
- Round any number up to 1, 000, 000 to the nearest 10, 100, 1000, 10,000, 100, 000
- Read Roman numerals to 1000 (M) and recognise years written in Roman numerals
- Add and subtract whole numbers with more than 4 digits, including using formal written methods (columnar addition and subtraction)
- Add and subtract numbers mentally with increasingly large numbers
11.09.17 We have been comparing and ordering six and sometimes seven digit numbers, as well as determining the value of each digit.
25.09.17 We are great at counting in powers of 10 and we had very tricky problems to solve at the end of the week. Next we will be counting in negative numbers and using them in context of temperature and money.