School Council 2022-23
Our School Council aims to encourage our children to
- Develop confidence and responsibility and make the most of their abilities
- Prepare them to play an active role as citizens
- Develop healthy, safer lifestyles
- Develop good relationships and respect the differences between people
- To have a “voice” and to share their opinions and ideas with others
Our School Council aims to ensure our children have:
- A safe, happy and fair learning environment
- A forum to voice their concerns and act upon them
- A structured opportunity to learn problem-solving skills
- An opportunity to take an active role in the organisation of the school
- An opportunity to experience a democratic process
Class elections will be held every year so that different representatives can put forward their election speeches as well as developing the full potential of the School Council to complete tasks.
The pupils in each class from Year One to Year Six have elected two councilors to represent them this year.
This is our School Council 2022-23:
Year 1: Nessy and Luca
Year 2: Darcy and Jenson
Year 3: Phoebe and Ruben
Year 4: Bella and Alan
Year 5: Liam and Isla
Year 6: Romi and Hughie
Congratulations to all of them and well done to them for putting themselves forward for this responsible task.
This term, our children have been raising money for the Poppy appeal by selling poppies for children and staff to wear.
Our school council have met this term to discuss ways to improve our playground. Thinking about what would work and how it can be inclusive for all children.